Hi cakey friend!
I started SugarEd in 2007 when I saw a need in the caking community for good quality instruction on using buttercream.
It started with DVDs, and has evolved over the years to a fully comprehensive buttercream course, available to you right in our website!
This course teaches about the different types, pros and cons of each, the recipes, how to ice round and square cakes, and troubleshooting.
I have the course items listed below in the logical order for a beginner to learn.
- The Types of Buttercream:
- Crusting vs Non Crusting Buttercream article
- Types of Meringue Buttercream article
- Making American Buttercream video
- Making Swiss Meringue Butercream video
- Making Italian Meringue Buttercream
- Making Hybrid Buttercream
- Properly Preparing Cakes:
- Leveling and torting cake layers video
- Filling and settling a cake video
- Freezing cake layers video
- Smooth Icing Techniques:
- Icing a round cake with American buttercream video
- Icing a square cake with American buttercream video
- Acrylic discs icing method
- Icing a square cake using cake boards
- Icing a round cake with SMBC video
- Icing a round cake with IMBC video
- Repairing a blowout video
And of course we have even more tutorials that go from there: working with fondant, stacking, and endless decorating techniques.
Right now I’m offering a 30 day $1 trial to my online school to celebrate our anniversary.
This is a great opportunity to see what we have to offer, at no risk. You can cancel at any time during the first month and never be charged again.
CLICK HERE to read all the details.
I hope you will join me!
PS. Want to see what’s new in the online school?