NOV. 15, 2014
Build and Ganache a Double Barrel Cake
Want to learn more?
We've got videos on how to cover a double barrel in fondant, the metallic effects and flowers shown above, making the ganache, and much more in the membership area.
Over 300 tutorials are available inside our website
and new ones are added weekly!
This video shows Sharon's technique for applying stiffened ganache to create a perfectly smooth chocolate shell, which is the perfect base for fondant application. Sharon shows the ganaching technique while also building a double barrel cake.
- cardboard cake circles same dimension as cake
- ganache *see Note
- angled spatula
- small serrated knife
- 10" bench scraper
- Glad Press N' Seal
- large cake drum
- large pan of hot water
- large piping bags
- Building the bottom portion of the double barrel cake 02:11
- Building the top portion of the double barrel cake 11:04
- Applying ganache to the top of the cake 19:39
- Leveling the top 25:37
- Ganaching the sides 31:04
- Finishing the top of the cake after ganache is set up 45:09
- Most recipes are a 2:1 ratio of chocolate to heavy whipping cream, however, I prefer a 2.5:1 ratio when making ganache for under fondant.
- The recipes for this cake as well as the videos on making thickened ganache and applying fondant to a double barrel can be found inside our website.
Hope you enjoy the video!